Through looking at walking as an art form you are going to explore and navigate the environment around you during the march equinox, which is taking place the 20th of march at 4:57 pm.
The Equinox is the start of spring, the sun is directly above the celestial equator, meaning that the day and night are the exact same length.!
Through out time many cultures and religions have celebrated the equinox as a time of rebirth
and new beginnings. You will be walking for the same amount of time before the equinox as after.
You will need to think about planning the walk during the run up to the 20th of march. You should be walking for an hour before and an hour after 4:57pm. !
Whilst on your walk you need to document your route. Take photos videos and collect objects that stand out for you, these could be anything, you may even wish too make sketches as you go. The walk is yours to interpret and hopefully enjoy as you will. Bring some kind of documentation that you feel really represents your experience to the tate. this could be a video a collection of photographs, or a few sketches, they should just be enough to portray your experience to the
So to break it down.
1. The equinox is on the 20th of march At 4:57pm
2. Plan a walk for this day at this time.
3. You must walk for 1 hour before and 1 hour after
4. Record the moment of the equinox.
5. Walk together with someone not alone … Record your conversation.
6. Plot your walk on a Map.
7. You must do the walk – provide evidence in any form you like.
See you at the Tate